Friday, September 30, 2011

Striped but not like that.

I have loved the horizontal striped wall trend for a while.  I want to do it but I am afraid I won't love it because I have seen it so much...it won't feel fresh...just copied.  Ya know?  So I am looking for inspiration for something stripy but different.  Here is some inspiration.

via
I saw this episode of HGTV's Design Star.  Most of the things they do on design shoes are forgettable.  This has stayed on my mind for weeks.  I love it.  I love that it is in the corner and that there is paint splatter.  Would this fit in my home?  No.  But I wish I could.  Anyway, I know it isn't stripes at all...but the corner is what I like.

via
I like the idea of text on the wall like this.  Graffiti like.  What would I write?  Hmmm.
   
via
Not crazy about the colors or that it is on the floor but something about it really grabs me.

via
The corner.  Attracted to the corner again.  Hmm.

via
I am pretty sure that this paint is on a flat wall...looks like there is an eve or something.  I like it.  I think I might like it better if the stripes lined up like this:

via

via
Yowza!!!  Like an optical illusion where you see two images....all at once I see a room I love and a room I hate.  I can't settle on one.  Walls!  Floor! Ceiling! Baseboards!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...