Thursday, October 6, 2011

Doing it. Stripes.

It's only a preview.


So.  I did my research.  Got some inspiration.  Mulled it over.  Ended up with plain old stripes.  I decided I didn't trust my skill with a brush or my taste level to try anything too tricky.  Good thing b/c my edging is terrrrible.  Who knows how butchered anything more challenging would have been. Yikes.  I had to hand the edging over over to Sean.  I did get semi-gloss paint.  At least that will bring some interest to my plain old stripes.

They're not done....so why am I writing about them?  I need some crossed fingers.  First, the first coat is extremely purple....the fact that it turns very blue in the pictures eases my mind...but it is purrrrple right now.  I picked this color because it is a purple-navy.  Most definitely blue, though.  I am sure that a second coat and drying will darken it but....ahh.

So...how common is it for the paint to bleed through the tape line?  I really don't want to have to touch up dark blue on white paint.  So. Tedious. Again..cross fingers?

I can't wait to pull the tape offfff.  It already makes the hallway feel longer.  Excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...