Friday, April 1, 2011

Kaffe Fassett


Kaffe Fassett is a name my Mom has said to me many times over the years....but it was usually in the same sentence as needlepoint, quilt, or knit.  None of those are something I do.  (I knit a little but only recently.)  Also, I am always drawn to his books when I see them around my parents' house.  They are so colorful! But when I see the word needlepoint, quilt or knit I close immediately.


I am visiting my parents in FL right now and my Mom brought some design books from their house in GA down for me to look at while I am here.  Kaffee Fassett again.  Ok.  I give in.  I looked.  I love.  My Mom knows me too well.  It only took me my whole life to listen up about this one.


I went to his website after looking at one of the books.  Not only does he have amazing color combinations but he also does every pattern in at least 5 colorways.  Incredible.  Every combo is joyful and happy.  I am not sure I have ever seen emotion in fabric quite like I do in his fabrics.  They are truly art.


One thing I love as well is the quality of the design of his flowers.  There are so many floral designs that use such cheesy looking flowers.  It drives me crazy.  His large floral patterns are beautiful.


This stripe makes me vibrate.  it is so exciting.  This is probably his wildest color combo....here is one a little more subdued but equally amazing:


His fabrics just move me.  Beautiful.  I have to own some.  


Ok.  I have nothing left to say.  Let's just watch.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...