Monday, April 4, 2011

Finally understanding why people say fabric shopping is fun.


My Mom and I spent Saturday fabric shopping.  It is so much more fun going with someone...especially someone who knows how to see individual bolts in a sea of bolts.  I would have missed so much.  We had a few stores on our agenda but I added one at the last minute and thank goodness I did!  We went to a quilting and apparel fabric store.  They had a bunch of Kaffe Fassett fabric.  It is BEAUTIFUL in person.  I almost cried.  I know this might sound ridiculous but his fabric is art.  So effortless.  I bought a bunch....and I am going back for more.  I can't wait to get started.  I am so inspired.  (The far left fabric is a Nancy Crow for Henry Glass)


Here is some fabric I got for our bedroom.  We we were at a discount fabric store and I got it for $10/yd.  I think it is regularly $130.  I definitely never would have seen this on my own.  It has the colors for my bedroom.  Annnnd it will introduce three shades of pink/red.  I have been trying to find a new way to introduce a pop of color that would make sense.  I was hoping it would be pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...