Wednesday, November 5, 2014

So far...So good.


You're Maker is up and running.  I had a slow start but things are picking up.  I held my first class on Oct 21.  Since then I have had a second class and a party.  I also have my first FULL class coming up!  I have to say that I FREAKING LOVE THIS.  I have had so much fun working with the girls and women that have attended classes/parties.  I have listened to and been a part of some fantastic conversations.  Tween girls are hilarious.....also...smart.

My class sporting their made bracelets!

One of the party attendees asked me if I was doing what God called me to do.  For the first time in a while I could answer, without hesitation...Yes.  I do.  I have felt called to do something creative for some time.  Selling my creations was the obvious route...but the PRESSURE.  I don't like it.  I don't like HAVING to be creative and having to be more creative than the next person selling something similar on Etsy...or better at marketing or...whatever.  It just...it makes me anxious and then making becomes stressful and not fun.  Stress relief and fun are two of the big reasons I make things...so selling my stuff is out...for now....b/c I know as soon as I say something as definitive as "selling my stuff is out" I will suddenly want to.

Teaching and making things WITH people....now that is fun.

Upcoming classes.

In one of my classes the girls were talking about what they "want to be when they grow up"...that is too juvenile of a way of putting it considering their lofty goals.   I mean...these girls have not just general dreams..."I want to be a Dr."...but specific and detailed career paths mapped out.  As I was listening I had a million thoughts.  I was thinking about how different life is from what you thought it would be when you get to when your dreams are supposed to be happening.  I was impressed with how much they had thought about their futures.  I was thinking about how much my dreams have changed since I was 11 or 12.  Then one of the girls asked me about my dreams.  I answered automatically that one of my dreams was teaching them.  Again, it was something I answered without hesitation.  I didn't realize it was true and until I heard myself saying it.  For the first time in a long time I have wanted something and done it and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...