Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Made it: Ruffle Knit Scarf

This is the tutorial picture.

So.  This one might be your Christmas present.  I am sorry.  It's going to be on another blog so I need to get a post up about it.

I found a tutorial for the scarf here.  It wasn't a straight forward tutorial.  This scarf is a combination of techniques from three different tutorials on her blog.  It's more of a hassle than anything else.  Totally worth it, though.  I didn't follow the directions exactly but it looks pretty much the same.


It is navy blue knit with gold seed beads.  I sewed the flowers and beads on by hand.  


I have been scared of knit for quite some time.  This was my first project using it and it went surprisingly well.  I think that is because you have to use the stretch while you sew...rather than preserve it.  But, like I said, this was my first project so I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...