Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Made it: A wreath I got behind.

I have never been a huge fan of wreaths.  They remind me of the 90s.  You know...roosters, faded blue everywhere, plaid....wreaths.  Lately, though, I have seen some really cute, modern wreaths that have slowly warmed me up to them.  Well, I finally found one that I can live with. 

Thanks to my brother, Walt, for taking all the pictures!



I am determined to decorate for the holidays. Because we have travelled to see my family the past few years we have just been doing a tree.  This year my family is coming to us!  

I saw this wreath on pinterest last week and loved it.  I was in need of something fairly mindless to do while relaxing Friday night.  Cutting felt circles and pinning them to a styrofoam ring seemed pretty perfect.  Using this tutorial I got the supplies and got it done in one sitting.  I can't believe I finished it in only 2.5 hours.  




The tutorial said you needed 2.5 yards of felt but I purchased 2 and ended up with LOTS left over.  I can't see much difference between mine and the tutorial.  Mine probably doesn't wrap around quit as far but I can't imagine pinning 2.5 yards of felt onto the ring.



I cut an M for McKenna using a stencil I have and free handed the holly leaves.  I hot glued the M to the leaves and then sewed the whole thing onto the wreath.  I sewed it on so I can reuse the wreath throughout the year if I wish.  How CUTE would this wreath be with an ombre color scheme!?!? (IN ombre?..with ombre?...ombred....?...you know what I mean...) 

Can you believe NEXT WEEK IS THANKSGIVING?!?!?  

My brother took all the photos.  If you want to see some of his actual and really amazing photography you can check out his site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...