Friday, August 26, 2011

Something exciting...for me!

So right before I left for my friends' wedding in NJ I had my blog featured for the first time!  It was really exciting.  Danika from Gorgeous Shiny Things saw the striped chair my mom reupholstered for me and asked me to be a part of her series "The Score" where she features Before and Afters.  I have been following her blog for a while but somehow I overlooked exactly how much of a freak for color she is!  Love it.  I have been exploring old posts of hers and she has done some great things with color.  Very inspiring.

Danika is also one half of O'verlays.  If you haven't seen/heard of them them I am excited to get to tell you about them!  O'verlays are cool fretwork designs that fit Ikea's Rast and Malm furniture.  (You can see lots of pics on their site)  They can also be custom ordered to fit....anything...mirrors, doors, furniture, whatever you imagine.  I saw a picture of them used like crown molding and I am dying to do that.  I couldn't pull any of the photos from their site but here is how Bri from Me, You & a Wiener used them.  I love everything Bri does....but this might be my #1:



Also, Danika did something unexpected and amazing.  More than I could ask for.  She mentioned the Jewelry for Joey!  Thank you Danika for everything!


1 comment:

  1. I love everything Bri too. And I repeat everything she says to my husband. If my mom and preacher didn't read my blog it would probably sound a whole lot more like hers:)

    Was you twitter comment about the playdate post? because you are totally invited. Julie and I have never met, but our babies are close in age and we've been emailing back and forth for a while about getting together. We just moved to the Trilogy building in Fenway and it has a big playroom, very convenient.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...