Friday, June 17, 2011

DIY Ruffle Bag


This weekend I will be missing the Bridal Shower of one of my best friends because I am about 8.75 months pregnant.  I hardly have the energy to get off the sofa much less get dressed for a party.  Noooo...well, yes...but mostly I just can't be driving down to CT at this point.  I am sad to miss it but I wanted to let her know I really really wish I could be there.  So I made her a gift.  It's a wedding-ish tote....so she can..you know...carry wedding things around in it.....?  Whatever.  It's girly and fun and I hope when she sees it from now until the wedding it makes her happy knowing her wedding inspired it.  I hope it makes her happy afterwards as well...

When I make something FOR someone...as in they inspired it...I get the most nervous about giving it to them.  You would hope that if they inspired it that means they would like it, right?  Well, wait....there are some mean, angry songs out there.  Anyway.  I hope she likes it.  


Hanging
It was the first time I did ruffles.  I don't know if I have avoided ruffles for so long because I didn't have a specific need for them and they seemed like a lot of work to just try for fun or if it was because they just seemed difficult and more likely to end in frustration than success but I wanted to try them for a while.  So what better time to give it a go than when I am making something to GIVE someone...something that I want to be perfect and to be proud of.  Yes...good time to try.  Luckily, it did not end in frustration and failure.  Phew.  There is definitely room for improvement but I am not ashamed of the outcome...in fact, I might make something similar for myself....less wedding-ish, though.  More color! 

Happy Bridal Shower Weekend, Laura!  Love you!  

1 comment:

  1. Would love to see a tutorial for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...