Thursday, August 25, 2011

Let's discuss...

Ya ya ya...I haven't been around the past week and a half.  Sorry.  My brother moved in.  It's awesome.   I am currently smelling the tacos he is cooking us for dinner.  Yum.  That's not the main reason it is awesome, though.  I love him.  It has been 9 YEARS since we lived in the same town.  The older I get the worse that sounds.  I have been craving my family.  Too bad none of them feel it is important to remain in one place for too long.  Maybe we will all end up near each other again.

I digress.

I want to talk about this Nick Olson room:


I saw it on EverythingLEB today.  She, like everyone, loves this room.  I don't want to be a hater but am I the only one unsettled by this room?  Is there something wrong with me?  Don't get me wrong...there are many elements I loveeeeeee.  For instance...I adore the ruffle detail on the curtains.  (I am going to do that to my room.)  I want to know where I can get the fabric of that green pillow on the bed.  And I like how the headboard fabric works in the space.  BUT.  The first thing I always see in this picture is the chevron dresser.  Every time.  But I don't like it.  I don't like the chevron flipped on its side.  I don't like the drawer pulls.  And I just don't feel like it does anything to tie the room together.  I really feel like there is something wrong with me because EVERYONE loves this room..and that dresser.  

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...