Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jewelry Organizers

How do you organize your jewelry?  It has always been an issue for me.  I love jewelry boxes.  I remember as a little girl being completely frustrated, however, that I could never find a jewelry box that really worked for me.  They never made my jewelry look pretty while being stored.  Too much space for rings, not enough space for bracelets and the necklace hooks weren't tall enough or made seeing the pendants difficult...the pendants which can make a necklace distinguishable.  Also, once I closed that box I would go long periods without wearing jewelry.  I need to SEE my jewelry to remember to wear it!

Then I received this box as a gift.
I could finally see all of my jewelry.  I wore jewelry all the time!  Unfortunately, this organizer dominated my dresser space.  It was very awkward looking.  I sold it and as a result quit wearing jewelry again. 

Then I saw Paloma Picasso in Harper's Bazaar and watched Lagerfeld Confidential (very good documentary with great music!)  They both stored their jewelry in bowls.  It was beautiful.  Well, Karl Lagerfeld's was actually insanely cluttered.  But I loved it.

Paloma Picasso's jewelry from Harper's Bazaar.


Lagerfeld Confidential


I now keep my jewelry in bowls and on plates.  I love how it makes me feel.  I bought two plate/bowls with peacocks on them (love peacocks).  You can't see them but I know they are there and it makes my jewelry more special to me.  Also, I wear my jewelry again because I can see it!


Check out this diy project.  She turned an Ikea bathroom cabinet into a wall mounted jewelry organizer.  I love when people are able to completely change the function of something to meet their needs.


Here and here are two more jewelry organizers made from Ikea products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...