Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A WOW and a What the...

Bottega Veneta via Style.com

I like things that "weird me out in a good way".  Like in this past post.  When I saw this necklace I felt equal parts awe and revulsion.  This necklace was like an optical illusion.  As a whole it seems quite beautiful but as my vision shifts to the see each part I'm no't quite sure what I am looking at anymore. As the beauty becomes confused I get goosebumps.

The color. It's all just a cold, unwelcoming gray.  Then, the gem shaped metal bits...what are they?  Metal?  That's my guess.  Then...the backing?  It looks like something from the ocean....but dead.  Would it be weird to say this necklace reminds me of the corpse of a necklace?  All in all I really like it but not because it is beautiful.

Then there are these:

WTF?
Akong via Style.com

 Speaking of WTF...I might think these are cooler if they were done as a DIY on HonestlyWTF.  Ha.

Akong

Akong
I'm just not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...