Monday, July 4, 2011

Made it Monday: My Mom Made It - Colorful Wingback Chair (!!!)

I have been waiting for this moment for months.  Months!  I bought this Kaffe Fassett (Russian Rose) fabric in March while I was visiting my parents.


My Mom and I decided it would be awesome to cover my Wingback Chair with it.  I just had to wait until she came to visit in...JUNE.  It was a long wait but definitely worth it.  I am so psyched about how it turned out.  She is the BEST!

I picked up this chair at an auction this winter.  $10.  I had no idea what condition it was going to be in but no one was bidding and....$10...seriously...why not?  Luckily, the frame was in perfect condition.  The fabric was just olddddd. And dirty.

Waiting for its glory moment in my garage.
Waiting...

Waiting....

Waiting.............. .. . .

JUNE!

Ka-chow! (B has been making we watch cars everyday.)

I LOVE IT!  The green background plays out muchhh differently against the green walls than I anticipated.  It actually tones the fabric down.  I love it.  It makes the flowers pop without making the entire chair POP off the wall.  That might have been too much.  I am really glad it worked out the way it did.


Having said that, the next chair you will see me post about will probably pop off the wall.  It might jump out of the window.  I am excited.  And scared.

Some detail shots:

Look at how my mom lined all the fabric up to match.  Impressive.



These legs were originally a cream color.  My mom roughed them up, painted them and then stained them.

I just want to thank my Mom!  What a talent.  I wish I could just strip a chair down and recover it like it was nothing.  I really appreciate her taking the time to not only come up here to help out with B and W but to also reupholster some chairs.  I am so thankful for her.

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! I wish she could teach me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...